Dear Patients and Friends,
I hope this letter finds you healthy and happy. Although the COVID-19 virus has disrupted our lives, I am happy to report that the Louisiana Department of Health has lifted restrictions on dental services to allow treatment of conditions that will benefit from timely intervention or are otherwise time sensitive. Our office reopened to serve your periodontal needs on Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
As always, my primary goal is to protect the health of my patients, my staff and the community. I have implemented and will continue to follow all the guidelines established by the Louisiana Department of Health, the Louisiana State Board of Dentistry, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, And the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In addition, I am taking extended measures to further protect patients and personnel with the following protocols.
· In compliance with recommendations from the Department of Health, anyone with a cough or fever will not be allowed in the building and should stay home.
· When you arrive on site, remain in your car and call us at 504-392-4734 and we will let you know when to enter the office. We do not want patients congregating in the waiting room.
· Please come to your appointment alone unless a caregiver or guardian must accompany you.
· We ask you to wear a face mask as recommended by the Governor’s Task Force on COVID-19.
· When you enter the office, your temperature will be taken to screen for fever.
· You will be escorted directly to the treatment room.
· At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with a mouth rinse which has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
· You will be asked to replace your facemask before reentering the business areas.
· A shield has been placed at the checkout window to protect you and our team.
By implementing these high standards, I am confident that everyone’s safety and well-being will not be compromised. We look forward to seeing you soon. In the meantime, continue to stay well, stay safe and stay healthy.